They said it wouldn't happen ..

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Mon Dec 16 15:21:01 CET 2013

On 16/12/13 13:31, Tony Scharf wrote:
> Honestly, I think that this came to light should be seen as a very
> positive sign that we are moving in the direction of a truly information
> open society.

yeah - this is very positive in two ways, firstly that "one of the
enemy" was
willing to give up his freedom and (quite possibly) his life, to defend the
principles on which his country had (rebelliously, ideally, wonderfully)
been
founded.

secondly, that it's increasingly clear that information flows like
water, and
it's very difficult to prevent it from leaking out. over time, there's
some kind
of an entropic law that says, if it's stored, it will be known.

and that has some very positive implications.

it's not a heroic idea, unlike war, but the typically male-dominated
narrative
of heroic acts is part of the problem.

t.