Music Party Wageningen, NL, October 5th

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Mon Aug 26 02:50:32 CEST 2013

On 26.8.2013, at 01:56 , Gert van Santen wrote:

> Op 26-8-2013 1:13, Michael Zacherl schreef:
>
>> I'm open for (almost) anything and this place looks big enough to shoo away quite a number of people. ;-)
>> Only question is, how open the crowd will be?
>
> I don't think this is something you should worry about. This is going to be an event where a big part of the audience will consist of musicians, friends or partners of musicians, or at least people who like music a lot. Again, it's not going to be Woodstock. If you ruin the atmosphere, and everyone runs away, chances are 5 minutes later no-one will know or even care who you are ;-)

oh, that's not my concern - that's normal business in the experimental genre that people come and go - I'm sure we can find a program where
the styles and genres merge and evolve over the course of the evening.
But I think it's probably the James Harman video clip which rather scared me off (sorry! ;-)) concluding to the regular audience from that.

> Also, I will make it very clear in my invitation, that it's not going to be your standard indoor "music festival" with "festival bands". There will be a warning that some of the music might be experimental. As far as I'm concerned this will be a party where everyone can play what he or she wants. Even classical, blues or jazz - or just one oscillator!

oh, nice idea, I think I'll start with a single oscillator. ;-)

> A couple of examples: at the moment we have a Peruan band, a singer songwriter, a "shoe gaze" duo and a guy who has vowed never ever to play live again, even if he would be payed a thousand euros.
>
> I hope it's going to be a diverse crowd, and hopefully the music will be diverse as well. Personally, I'm not interested in a "theme" festival. Every next act should be a huge surprise :-)

there you go!

> There should be enough options for sitting in a corner, escaping to the bar part of the venue, or even going outside for a walk. If, after 5 minutes, you're left with an audience of only 2 people, well, I guess it's up to you to figure out if you expect and want that ;-)
>
> Most important thing: FUN!

yeah, it's gonna be fun!

cheers, m.

--