In Hannover next week.

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Wed Aug 21 21:45:41 CEST 2013

Op 21-8-2013 08:31, Tony Scharf schreef:

> Hannover...not Hamburg.  Hannover is wound a bit too tight to have
> anything like a Reeperbahn...and honestly that suits me fine
> considering the terrible time I am having adjusting to when you
> Europeans call it morning.

Ah, yes, how silly of me. No, in Hannover there's probably bugger all to
do, except the CeBIT of course. Once I bought a Competition Pro Star
joystick there, but that's about the extent of it.

And yes, sorry about that morning thing. Here in Europe, we tend to have
it just after sunrise. I think we do it to spite tourists and business
travellers.

> Well its a long story, but so far the trip is going better than
> expected.  A lot of people talk tough on the phone but aren't so much
> when you meet them in person.

The Germans on this list may correct me, but from what I understand,
tough talking is something that Germans like to do during meetings. Just
a cultural difference that may be weird to, well, anybody other than
Germans.

- Peter