In Hannover next week.

Tony Scharf entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com
Wed Aug 21 08:31:23 CEST 2013

> Reeperbahn? There's plenty of, um, entertainment to be found there.

Hannover...not Hamburg.  Hannover is wound a bit too tight to have anything like a Reeperbahn...and honestly that suits me fine considering the terrible time I am having adjusting to when you Europeans call it morning.

> What did you do to piss off your employers? Mention who won the war?
> Twice in a row?

Well its a long story, but so far the trip is going better than expected.  A lot of people talk tough on the phone but aren't so much when you meet them in person.   This is where our worldwide headquarters are (HDI-Gerling and Talanx Systeme AG) and its actually kind of odd that I haven't been here yet in almost 20 years of service.
The rest of the week is going to be a seminar in which they tell us all the wonderful and great things their IT is doing (which would be wonderful and great if it were 1999, but it isn't).  I get in trouble here because the US insurance market has such screwed up regulation that all of their 'simple solutions' get very complicated to implement for us and we usually have to end up implementing our modifying theirs.  They don't like that, but they insist we use the same home grown application stack that they do.
Ok, time to go get breakfast and practice keeping my mouth shut.
Tony