Korg Volca series

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Wed Apr 10 15:07:16 CEST 2013

Op 10-4-2013 14:54, Tony Scharf schreef:
> I am a little surprised no one else brought these up yet.
> Apparently, they aren't a hoax - which I was sure they were.
>
> http://korg.com/volcaseries
>
> I don't personally have any interest in them at all, but I am very
> interested in where all this Korg Analog is going.  Korg is swooping
> in to dominate this market and it will be interesting to see if Roland
> even tries to respond.

Very nice. It's starting to look better than the toy mini synths
we had before.

Roland have "missed the boat" (that's what we say in NL). They
should have released new analog versions of TB-303, TR-808/909
and SH-101 with a couple of new functions. Now they have lost a
lot of their market share to the likes of Korg and Arturia.

They do a lot of great stuff for guitars nowadays, but they
certainly should have done some more for synths instead of all
those boring pianos, arranger keyboards and workstations.

cheers,

Gert

--
gert van santen