The Rolling Stones roll on in my mind ..

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Apr 5 17:10:29 CEST 2013

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/apr/04/charlies-watts-rolling-stones-drummer-interview

"Was part of the Stones' success down to the fact that each of you had really done your homework?"

'I sort of agree with that. Everything's easier and quicker now. I wanted to be Max Roach or Kenny Clarke playing in New York with Charlie Parker in the front line. Not a bad aspiration. It actually meant a lot of bloody playing, a lot of work. I don't think kids are interested in that. But that may be true of every generation, I don't know. When I was what you'd call a young musician, jazz was very fashionable. It was very hip to know there was a new Miles Davis album out. Now no one knows what records come out. Especially me! Because of this thing [gestures at my iPhone recording the interview, with the inference that it is somehow the devil's work] … But in those days … an album: you kept it, you treasured it.'

..

Hmm .. methinks this means that there is a new horizon.

;
--
Jay Vaughan