I Feel Love - notes?

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 27 12:40:07 CEST 2012

On 27/09/12 11:10, Gert van Santen wrote:
> I love the sound of this machine. I also think it could probably be
> approached with every other synth in combination with some external
> distortion/filter...

well, i know what you're saying - it's a very hot set of circuits, and
for that reason the difference between this and another synth just being
put through some extra distortion is somewhat less than something like a
moog or an arp, where the sound is beautiful and highly distinctive even
at low distortion levels

however, the uniqueness of this filter could not be emulated in such a way.
the distortions are what mark this out, and this comes from a set of
feedback
instabilities which are, in their way, as different as the feedback coming
from two different guitarists - say jeff beck and steve hackett, who would
both get completely different sounds, even if they just stood there, playing
exactly the same guitars, exactly the same amps, even exactly the same
settings.

i nominate this as the jeff beck of filters, whereas the ms20 is more...
steve
hackett ;)

as for hendrix, that filter has yet to be imagined

Tony (HB)