Arturia V Collection 3.0

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 20 06:17:57 CEST 2012

On Sep 19, 2012, at 7:42 PM, Michael Zacherl <mubar04 at blauwurf.at> wrote:

> ok, I need to decide:
>
> although it's not me using softsynths I see some positive aspects might-bes.
> currently I'm attracted by CS-80 and SEM, while the Minimoog V I don't need and like.
> Prophet V - well, I'd rather use Diva for that duties - if so.
> Prophet VS is nice, a JP-8 I have but will most likely sell after I restored it (at some point).
> ARP2600, we goto one at the institute, played it a little, nice but ... I don't really need it.
> Spark ...well, I'm not into beats.
>
> The point is, Arturia offer a promo to get the whole lot for €299,
> which still is some considerable money to me.
>
> So buying roughly three separate packages is about the same money.
>
> Last day to order is Sept 21st - i.e. tomorrow.
>
> get it or leave it?
>
> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/v-collection/intro.html

I have it, use it and I like it a lot - the SEM and Spark have really impressed me. After getting Diva though I have been going to that more over the minimoog, jupiter etc… The arp, modular, and CS-80 I think are bigger than just sound emulations, you can do interesting things with them that you can't do with other soft synths. I think the new 64 bit versions are faster, the interfaces used to get bogged down a bit with the animations and such. For me it's a no brainer to have them, as I like old sounds and it's very convienent to use them.