Tapedelay

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 18 22:17:37 CEST 2012

On 18/09/12 21:12, Tony Scharf wrote:
> I actually had a tape delay on loan for a while (Roland 501).  It was
> really great sounding...but damn are they expensive if they are in
> good working order.  What keeps me from getting a hardware one is that
> it is a machine that needs to be maintained to a high degree and I
> don't know if I have the time and talent to give a real one the care
> and feeding it needs.

i have a copicat, modified for stereo (which the el capistan won't do: panning
heads left and right), and it's hard work keeping it in working order. in
storage at the mo. i would say, i owe much of my transfer from classical piano
to electric piano and synth to the use of delay - analogue delay seemed to add
the space (in some conceptual way) of a physical instrument, to the awesome
abstractness of synths and fender rhodes. the boss analogue delay pedal and the
copicat really set the whole thing up for me.

Tony (HB)