Tapedelay

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 18 22:09:10 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Andrew Tarpinian
<andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a big thread online comparing this to its older counterparts and something that was mentioned that I found interesting was that these petals are emulating the tape effects but not the preamp and mixing stages of the old tape machines. Apparently some believe this make a big difference in the sound.

I am sure that does make a big difference.  I imagine, though, that
you could patch in any number of vintage amp simulations either on the
input or through the FX loop.  My AxeFX has exceptional amp emulation
and I would almost definitely be patching through there anyway.

Tony