RPi Synth

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 12 23:05:51 CEST 2012

On 12.9.2012, at 19:59 , Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:

> I used a cheap ass behringer. Something like this
>
> http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_ucontrol_uca_202.htm

good, thanks.

> minus the phone jacks. Most recent usb stuff will work out of the box.
> Don't even think about using the onboard jack.
> Beside being of an aweful quality, you get glitches as soon as you do small things (for example, use the ethernet port - no kidding)

uhm,  :-)
I meant JACK audio ...
BTW, I thought I mentioned that I successfully compiled Pd-extended on the RPi and started testing all that stuff.
Anyway, can't remember.
PD can use Alsa or JACK.
JACK doesn't run with the internal HDMI due to driver issues.
Rumors have it that JACK Audio should work with an external interface and I'm looking for a confirnation.
I just have an old ESI U-24 which apparently doesn't work at all.
I'd love to run SC on that thing, but that needs JACK audioPd is ok, Phase Vocoder etc. works within limits but SC would be so nicer.
I know this glitches of  and I tracked down a couple of things while testing Pd.
(Miller Puckette has got an RPi  and is looking at some of the issues from the Pd side of things)
The 3.5mm audio socket is just one bit PWM bad enough to just allow monitoring.

> But with the usb audio it's pretty ok. From what I've gathered there should be a way of getting a good monophonic synth going with good latency. and a small poly with ''decent' latency

your recent port is very  promising!  :-)