Arturia Spark - my impressions

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 22:21:46 CEST 2012

Hey Andrew

> Mapping midi note to pattern for working in the
> live timeline seems to be working out for me. One thing is I have to put
the
> midi/pattern note a step or two before the point in time I want the change
> made, I'm guessing this is normal.

Yes but I found this to be impractical so, inside Spark, I changed the
settings to change patterns instantly.  Now you can have your midi key note
on the first beat and Spark will change exactly on time..  I have a Spark
preset in Ableton Live that has 16 clips called 1-16 to represent patterns
1-16.  Plus, the preset also has another 4 clips with the notes for Banks A
to D (remember, you have to play a 2 note chord if you want to suddenly jump
to, say, B4 from A1.  One note for bank B and another for pattern 4).
Whilst it's a bit lame, it does work perfectly..

> Going to try hooking it up to my novation zero

Mate, ill try and upload mine tomorrow.  Its mapped to all the synth
settings of instruments 1-8 (could not be bothered to do 9-16) plus,
mute/sole for all 16 instruments..

ta

Paul
London