More yums: novation

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Sat Sep 1 17:24:07 CEST 2012

> Interesting. The perhaps nicest keyboard I ever played on was a Yamaha
> C3 baby grand. It felt just right.

This is the instrument I grew up playing.  I think it is the best keyboard
ever.  I personally love piano.  I would rather sit down and play at a
grand than anything else.  I never really use piano sounds in my tracks I
write but I still find it to be the most expressive keyboard instrument
ever.  You talk about all you extra MIDI control but I have yet to hear a
song where all that additional "expressiveness" actually creates any
additional expression.  The Rhodes Chroma is my second favorite keyboard.
Wooden keys with weights and felts but a light action.  I seldom write
with a synthesizer keyboard and instead control the synth with either a
fully weighted or semi weighted action.  I can't get rid of my Roland A-80
even though it is ancient because I like the heavy keys and everything
else made lately the action is really light or just plain too much money.
But again, that's just me.

James R. Coplin