More yums: novation

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Sat Sep 1 16:08:11 CEST 2012

Op 1-9-2012 15:58, Gert van Santen schreef:
> Op 1-9-2012 15:49, Joost Schuttelaar schreef:

>>> Very nice!
>>
>> Yeah, gotta say it's good to have 88-hammer action keys! 500€.
>> Very nice, but I have to say that I remembered the XV-3080
>> sounds a lot more favorably than they really are :)
>>
>> Playing the XV-88 with a big piano sample library in Logic with
>> a nice impulse reverb is great though :)
>>

> Congrats, mate.
>
> On the other hand: piano action? Piano sounds? So boring.
>
> (ducks...)
>
> ;-)

OK, Let me explain myself.

I have played and studied piano for about 3 or 4 years, and
already then (between the age of 11-15) I was quite bored with
the instrument, the sound, the posibilities and the keys. I
always felt it was like hitting a wooden table.

I couldn't have been happier when I got my MS-20, a couple of
years later (OK, terrible keys), but everything was so easy and
lightweight...

I still think I don't really like hammer action keys (I will be
trying them soon at your place, I hope, Joost). Until now one of
the best keyboards I ever had (and still have, again, sinds Marek
brought it back :-) is the Roland XP-80.

Oh, well, Everyone his own, I guess.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. I'm going to the Chinese
restaurant in a couple of hours. I love "Dutchy" Chinese food
every now and then :-)

Tonight I'll be watching a Marillion live gig from 2008 (Köln)
with my friend Evert. We'll be drinking Belgian beers , of course :-)

cheerio,

--
Gert