Little monitor speakers, Kurzweil KS-40A

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Sat Sep 1 00:52:24 CEST 2012

79€ for 2 active speakers. Well, one speaker with a stereo amp built in, and a speaker cable connecting the two. But not a bad sound, considering the price. Tiny woofer. 4". Cables included, hah!

Got them as secondary speakers. My keys are placed on the opposite side of my desk, where my monitor speakers are. But I really dislike having the sound come from behind me whilst playing. And this will just be plugged in permanently so everything can be switched on with one switch.

Apparently they're rebranded 'Edifier' speakers. But I think it's just some Chinese firm making them, and both Edifier and Kurzweil slap their stickers on them. Anyway, not bad (but obviously not the detail you get from 'real' monitor speakers).

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL