put.io = awesome!

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 22 13:13:06 CEST 2012

Maybe there are a lot of dropbox'ers here on music-bar (or am i wrong on that?) but i just recently discovered and set up put.io on my devices, and it is pretty darned nice to have such easy to use filesharing being delivered by wrappers to bittorrent.

Got a big audio file to share?  Make a .torrent file for it, launch your local torrent client, then give put.io your .torrent file.  Then, when the transfer is done and put.io has it in the torrent cloud for you, turn off your local torrent client, and then .. stream the file to your iDevices with the put.io client!  Hooray, I can easily transfer all my music library into a streamable form on all devices!

I like this, I guess I'm a bit behind the ball with social filesharing technologies (can't stand Dropbox.app, refuse to use it!), but in general having good control over this stuff does require a common interface.  Put.io works nicely at hiding the torrent details, once you get it set up I guess .. ;!}

;
--
Jay Vaughan