Cider & fermentation

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 14 15:18:04 CEST 2012

Wild fermentation (http://www.wildfermentation.com), loads of fun! Made tons of Kimchi (will write up my vacuum-fermentation technique soon) but also... Apple cider!

No supply of apples here, but using a unfiltered pasteurized Apple juice from the supermarket and a few organic apples (for the wild yeast) I have been able to make some great tasting cider :)

Simply dump the apple juice in a big bucket with a tap and water lock, squeeze those organic apples (food processor + cheese cloth) and wait a few days for it to bubble like crazy. Very nice to taste whilst it's still fermenting, it gets very carbonated and is still sweet then.

Chris, weren't you also into fermentation/brewing? I remember something like that...

Anyway! Good fun and now after a few weeks of rest in the bottle, pretty tasty on a drowsy afternoon!

PS: if you wanna get into this, be sure to buy a hydrometer because I had two 1L-swing top cap bottles explode (with *FORCE*!) :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL