Best iPad keyboard?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu May 31 20:39:41 CEST 2012

So... on Tuesday, we my wife got the iPad. I must be one of those very
few people who's not immediately smitten by it (I've also never seen
Titanic, so I'm quite unique indeed), the cats are a bit of a mixed bag
when it comes to responding to the cat games I downloaded, but my wife
loves it. Cool.

I also got her Apple's Pages, which by some accounts is the best word
processor for the iPad. (There are complaints that it's expensive; we're
talking about €8 here, which doesn't even buy you a meal at Burger
King.) She doesn't know whether she'll need a keyboard, but suppose she
does, what would you guys recommend?

Until now, she used an Asus eeePC, but she doesn't like the keyboard:
too small, and she actually prefers the virtual keyboard of the iPad. So
that is a consideration. It should be portable and run on batteries or
such, and it shouldn't be too big (but not too small either). I've seen
the Apple keyboard, but like all of their stuff, it's rather pricey.

So... any recommendations?

Oh, and does anybody want a Persian cat that likes to sit on your
keyboard when you're trying to type? Like this e-mail? :)

- Peter