Oops, I've done it...

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Thu May 31 16:04:45 CEST 2012

Hi Gert

> I have an MS-20 here, but I haven't used
> it in years. I do have a CV-MIDI-interface for it, but it's such a hassle.

For me, the key to using old gear is having it permanently setup and leave
it ready to go.  For example, my MS20 powers up with my studio and I even
have an Ableton Live External Instrument setup for it so I literally turn on
Live, turn on the MS20, then drop a Live MS20 onto a track and it works..
No more hassle than using a VST synth..

But it has to be setup and left working.  Again, for me, as soon as I start
sharing stuff like CV converters (or Midi controllers for that matter) with
multiple synths, they end up being used for no synths!!

This is why my 101 has not been turned on for 5+ years; because it has not
been integrated permanently into my studio and Im too lazy to spend 15
minutes getting it working..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk