A3k

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sun May 20 20:01:12 CEST 2012

> I still have an A3k, haven't used it for some time, and I want to change that.
> I now need to find a way to send samples to it. I don't want a HD as they are to noisy and these ancient disk thingies I don't have any more.

You can put a CF card reader (or SD) in it if you can find one that does SCSI.  A few folks I know have done that - its easier with A4000/A5000 models though, since they have IDE.

> I do have the old SCSI card and the cable.
> So what SW is there for these things nowadays? Preferably Linux.
> I could go the ZIP drive way as I just got a bunch of old zip equipment from work...

I've got the Disky sources in front of me, I'm thinking it might be pretty easy to make a FUSE driver for the A3k SFS filesystem ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan