The thing I hate about modular is...

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:38:39 CEST 2012

I think euro rack is your best bet right now to sell units, I'm thinking probibly Tony agrees. It's so freaking popular and the GAS is insane! I think there is plenty of room in the sequencer section, people seem to always be looking for new compact sequencers that sit in the case, I know I want a couple. Check out the intellijel uStep and the Make Noise Rene as some examples.

Couple thoughts,

-Make it skiff friendly if you can, ie: not too deep, people like to put sequencers in them for better playability.

-Hook up with a distributer, like Analog Haven for US (but be careful maybe about them wanting exclusive rights to sell, they have that with a few manufacturers, including doepfer)

-Start showing your stuff on Muff's as soon as you can, you will find people who will want to buy kits also if you are going that way too.