The thing I hate about modular is...

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:41:57 CEST 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 8:53 AM, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very nice looking!  Lots of room for expansion, too.

Thanks, he sold me the rails (which were out of stock everywhere) and made me the end cheeks for like 30 bucks. Then when his new 9U comes out I will just refuse the rails in that.

> My modular is pretty much done now.  My two cases are full, and there
> is very little I could see myself swapping out.  I did just swap both
> of my Tip Top Audio oscillators for a LiveWire AFG (worth it in every
> way - the AFG is a work of art).  I may also part with my Wogglebug as
> what it does is less attractive to me now that I know what I am doing
> with my modular.
>
> I do still have a Pittsburgh Modular Foundation coming, and I have to
> figure out exactly where I am going to put it.  At some point, I think
> I need to count up all my HP and get or build a custom case that fits
> all of it in one.

Gigantic all in one cases scare me a bit, makes you look like a crazy person :) I think I would rather have things separate anyway.

I do want an AFG and the pitts should be really cool. I also got a Silent Way ES-3, uFold, a-118 (noise), a-138b (second mixer)

The only bad news is it looks like I may not get back my 2nd VCOb that went in for repair a few months ago, David from Bubblesound had gone mia all of a sudden, has not gotten back to me at all. Some people got their stuff back, some repaired, some not.