LPs

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:22:04 CET 2012

For a practical way, I understand why you put them on your server ...
When everything is on the server people at my place, my friends tend to
switch between songs and this drive me more and less crazy, also those
people using youtube and say :
Romain you should know this or that ... then they show it to you while
another guy one is coming ...
It s like everybody is so egoist and wait to have the control of the player
to feel dominant while the others ( imo) don t listen what is shown ( on
the screen and  in the waves) but wait their turn to be something like a Dj
star master something that start really to annoy me  ... ( specially when
they don t wait the end of the songs!)
Surprisingly with the vinyls and internet off or my computer locked  .
those things don t happen so much  ( except if it s very important ;)...

Did you sell your dad vinyls ?

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> Hi Romain
>
> I don't listen to vinyl LPs. Although I do have a few romantic childhood
> memories of discovering my dad's collection, I'm really a child of the CD
> age.
>
> LP in the sense of listening to albums - absolutely. Even though my
> collection is now completely on a server, I still very much listen to
> complete albums as opposed to random songs. I generally like the way an
> album tells a story or at least develops a certain flow or progression.
> Completely random play would drive me crazy - I tend to select the music
> according to my mood.
>
> Martin
>

> On 15.03.2012 13:27, Romain / rXg wrote:
>
>> I was curious if you guys are still listening some LPs?
>> I know it s not this time and technology anymore but i' m really
>> enjoying to listen them again with a new LP player ( second hand from a
>> dj friend ).
>> I just discovered with another friend by listening pink floyd LPs that
>> Internet  killed the album theory ...
>> In our opinion, more or less everybody listening random songs instead to
>> listen a complete album from the beginning till the end ...
>> then  we concluded  that an album is like a long song so why should we
>> dispatch them if we respect the artist work ?

Romain