192khz .. playback fidelity lower than 44.1khz?

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Tue Mar 6 17:38:57 CET 2012

from the article:

"Production increasingly uses 32 bit float, both because it's very convenient on
modern processors, and because it completely eliminates the possibility of
accidental clipping at any point going undiscovered and ruining a mix."

the author's obvious lack of knowledge on this and a few other points tends to
undermine the credibility of the article.

unfortunate, cos I think it's true that ultrasonics can cause problems for the
in and out analogue circuits/amps/transducers at either end of high sample rate
systems, if they are not carefully designed.

Tony (HB)