Linux: Wireless network scanners?

Dave S dave.silvester at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 01:02:33 CEST 2012

Hey again 'bar, reply to self... wrist slap away!

I've just done a fair bit of Googling and eventually found my way to a
piece of software that more-or-less does what I'm looking for, with the
exception of scanning and collecting information over a period of time.

Just thought I'd post in case others were interested.

inSSIDer for Linux looked very promising, but due to it being beta and a
number of bugs (I followed lots of stuff that was supposed to fix them,
but still no dice) it won't work at all for me.

I just found an alternative called iwScanner which doesn't look as good
as inSSIDer, but works and gives me enough information to be of use.  It
can be found here: http://kuthulu.com/iwscanner/

Hope that's of interest to someone out there!

Cheers,

~Dave