Auria for iPad

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Jul 18 21:28:54 CEST 2012

> I know. It's the only thing that I really don't like about Apple at all. I just want to put, say, pictures on my iPad from my cameras SD card without needing an extra external thingy. And I want to connect a USB cable from a keybord without CCK, etc.

The relentless iron fisted glove'ry of Apple over media collections/management is there only if one refuses to look deeper into how to use the machine one owns.

The way I handle this, is I treat any device that has a camera, as a camera, and plug the thing in, and use Image Capture to suck all photo's off into a single folder, which has all pics ever from anything. No iPhoto, no iTunes management of media files, just *slurp*, into Pictures whenever I plug in a device at home, and thats it. From there, I promptly just horde photo's I rarely look at. :)

Since my Pictures folder is a network share on my Linux server, to take pics with me, I simply make PDF galleries of selected folders, and read them on iDevice with Stanza and Reader.  Best method for me, at least.  To make PDF galleries, I select all images I want in gThumb, then Print, set up rows/columns, print to PDF, and oila: no more dilemna.  Also, PDF's are still sort of easily shareable.

;
--
Jay Vaughan