Arturia Spark (v Maschine)

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:12:28 CEST 2012

For what it's worth, we have a spark controller here at Ableton and I gave
it a quick try a while ago.
I'd say it's OK, good build and all, but it didn't stike me as being
genius. The pots are pretty good for fine parameter tweak but are not a
performance thing.. don't expect to do filtersweep-style gestures on them.
If it was 150 euros, I might have though of jumping on it and hack the
protocol so I could use it as a live set controller but ATM it's far too
expensive to try.

Personally I don't really see the point of having a different workflow when
doing beat with one plug in in particular so unless I could completely
reconfigure the controller in a broader sense I wasn't too interested.

/M

http://marc-nostromo.com