Arturia Origin audio rate modulation?

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:37:13 CEST 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 12:56 PM, James Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

> I am *this* (holding up two fingers with just the thinnest sliver of light
> able to show through) close to pulling the trigger on one of these.  I
> have two remaining questions.  First, can you use the osc output as a mod
> source for other oscillators and the filter cutoff?

Good question I will have to check, the last time I used it was before I had my real modular, and I didn't think of things like that :)

I remember from the sonic state review he did mention that there are some things that are limited, meaning you can't do every little thing you would be able to do with a real modular.

> Secondly, is there a
> software roadmap somewhere that says what they are working on?  It looks
> like updates have been slow to come out and with as long as the product
> has been available, I have to wonder if there will be more.  Thanks!

There is probably some kind of roadmap info like that in the arturia forums, I remember seeing a lot of info like that. The arturia guys are pretty active in the forums. Though i think you might have to be registered to get in there, I can check. Basically though, it did take them a while to get the various updates out, but THEY GOT THEM OUT, and continue to, even things beyond the original feature set. This says a lot to me especially for a synth that most likely did not sell as many units as they would have wanted.