Virus TI2 or Arturia Origin?

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:15:58 CEST 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 11:33 AM, James Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

> I probably should give a little more info as well as it is a pretty opened
> question.  The fundamental problem is that I don't really need anything in
> my studio.

The perfect time to buy something! :)

> I have a substantial pile of vintage synths so I don't need an
> emulation, I can always turn on the real thing.

The origin is not really emulation, though you can use it for it*. It's a digital modular synth that has base elements that are rooted in the vein of the classic analog synths. A digital recreation of the classic building blocks that you can combine in ways that are not possible in the real world.

*there are some prebuilt synths with graphic interfaces and knob mapping.  The templates are static from what I remember, so you can't convert the minimoog or Jupiter template to modular for example. Though you can certainly create your own version from scratch as modular.