Maschines discounted

Komatos komatos at comcast.net
Thu Jul 5 20:27:08 CEST 2012

But still basically it's a glorified, expensive controller, not musical instrument or sampler like an MPC, RS7000, or Beat Thang?

If so, no thanks, I'll pass. I prefer hardware that actually creates its own sounds instead of requiring a computer with soft synths.

Same thing goes for that new touch screen instrument posted to the music bar a couple of days ago. Kinda looks like a kiddie toy hybrid of a tablet/iPad merged with a cheap toyish controller keyboard.

Why do all these control surfaces cost as much as regular real instruments nowadays? Akai has its new MPC Renaissance coming out soon which is another glorified controller without its own sound generator which requires a computer & soft synth package to fully utilize.

Rant mode off. Just miss the good old days where electronic/hip hop musicians actually had instruments that created their own sounds that could be tweaked in realtime with knobs, faders & buttons.

Still miss my RS7000. :-(

--komatos/wasted
Sent from my iPhone