180 Dead Hero's - Vocal for timing suggestions

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 24 03:14:58 CET 2012

I think it's actually a phrasing issue, not a timing issue, rhythmically it's all on the beat, but not with the stresses on the beats that the listener expects. London accents naturally drop consonants, so the lyric is sung as 'a hundred 'an eighty...'. The ear expects a hard sound for the 'd' of 'and' but doesn't get one until the 'ty' of 'eighty'.

My advice is to try a 1 step pause after 'a Hun-Dred' and after '80'.... I hope I can explain this in words... Think of the syllables as hard or soft drum hits, and aim for xXX_xXX_XXXx____

a HUN DRED _ an AY TY _ DED HE RO s _ _ _ _

That way there's a similar 'a' syllable on the first an second beats of the bar where the Kick is, and the strongest word (Dead) starts with a hard consonant exactly on the third beat, where you'd get a snare, or kick and snare, in a normal 4/4 beat.

...does that make any sense?

Andy_R