180 Dead Heros

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 23 20:49:13 CET 2012

On 22/01/12 23:19, punkdISCO wrote:
> 180 British military personnel have been killed in Iraq since the US-led
> invasion of Iraq in 2003.
>
> http://soundcloud.com/punkdisco/180-dead-heros

Awesome track :) Had to read the comments before I got the significance of the
second number, but that doesn't mean I wasn't already getting it subliminally,
which may actually better... wondering about stuff gets it drilled into the
subconscious, and truly subversive music is a rare thing ("ahh yeah mate, real
underground shit, nowadimean... yeah, hardcore...... gimme a f***ing break)

and knowing this makes me less inclined to criticise the superficial thematic
commonality with "19", which was not actually subversive at all: it just states
its case (brilliantly) and then is gone. So this is a *very* different track.

as for production and performance, cannot fault it. perhaps some one with ears
for a particular form of music would tell you something about bass levels, but,
frankly, i think you can move on, given that you might "improve" this one by 5%
(though I doubt you'll succeed, since you're much closer to the track early on,
and this effect fades with attention), and instead of that 5% you could be
working on the next one.

Tony (HB)