Waldorf Pulse 2

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 20 14:48:01 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:
> I think it should have CV/Gate..! ;)
>
> Other than that I think Waldorf has a unique sound, so there will certainly be a place for it -- but a tough spot next to the MacBeth 3OSC analog mini and the Minitaur...

I think it's price will set it apart.  It also has patch memory, which
the neither the MacBeth nor Minitaur have.  I think a better
comparison for it would be the Moog Slim Phatty, of which I would take
the Phatty because it has CV control.

> wow. We are really getting some nice analog synths these days. Now if only there weren't all made in China by enslaved children an inmates of Gulags.

Actually, my new report is from China.  She has a different take on
the factories in China, having known people who work in them first
hand.  The conditions may be bad (relatively), but their alternatives
are a lot worse in many cases. This doesn't justify the conditions,
but it does add perspective.

Tony

Tony