Waldorf Pulse 2

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 19 23:06:00 CET 2012

On 19/01/12 18:14, Larry Pham wrote:
> Wow! What a pleasant surprise:
>
> http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/pulse-2-overview.html

funny, i was just thinking about the Pulse after listening to Andy's modular
recording, and how there's something about all the modulars I've heard which is
better than any non-modular I've heard - and I think this is down to softer
design parameters (better power supply, better components, more space to do
things right, etc). The Pulse was an amazing synth (I had one... I imagine I
still have one somewhere...), but i could hear the shortcomings in its digital
oscillators, and the PCB was an amazingly crafted piece of compact robust
engineering. If there are three *true analogue* oscillators in the P2, then it
will sound better. I'm not too interested in the number of tricks these things
will pull off - one osc and one filter, can blow the show away, if it's done
right ;)

The other thing about the Pulse was it was cheap, as well as good, and that's
worthy of respect too, since it means that more people get to make more music.

Tony (HB)