Raspberry Pi

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 17 17:36:42 CET 2012

On 17/01/12 15:37, Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2012, at 16:23 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>
>> danke schön ;)
>>
>> Joost Schuttelaar<joost at joostschuttelaar.nl>  wrote:
>>
>>> So funny to see the craze on the -net around the RaspBerry Pi. Two
>>> (three?) years ago I remember that we got that nice Freescale dev
>>> board. But ARM/general purpose computing was of course the way.
>
> I need to plan a month-long vacation, on a secluded island, with a mediocre -net connection, and build that freakin' drum machine :)

I think this machine will probably make it sensible for me to spend some time
working on a basic fx unit - basically, a stomp box, one knob, one switch,
pro-converters, possibly one LED for power, stereo in/out jacks. It would be
just for one effect. I might consider two pots, possibly. Whole thing would fit
in a really small stomp box.

Funny thing is, for less than 100 bucks, this thing would be useful to me,
but... entirely useful to others (who could use the same design, or derive their
own), who might have no interest in the effect I devise, but who would really
like to program (or download someone else's) their own effect.

The fact that the audio software is transferrable between entirely different
hardware configurations, and plenty of code already exists that can be
shoe-horned into the CPU+OS, is quite amazing.

But, of course, gotta see if it'll get off the ground okay... :)

Tony (HB)