Raspberry Pi

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 12 23:27:53 CET 2012

On 12/01/12 19:52, Michael Zacherl. wrote:

> On 12.1.2012, at 16:55 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>
>> Paul Maddox<yo at VacoLoco.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> 1) my DSP (i.e. maths) skills suck
>>
>> DSP is the same on FPGA. Same adds, subtracts, multiplies. Don't be put off by the DSP literature, it's all totally straightforward, but takes time.
>
> so, where to start?
> http://www.google.at/search?q=dsp+programming+for+dummies  ?

I must admit, I've yet to read anything that shows DSP to be as simple as I
understand it to be - except possibly Chamberlin's chapter or two in "Musical
Applications of Microprocessors", although even that was intimidating.

Fortunately by then I was already building digital synths and didn't believe it
was necessary to approach the subject in a mathematical way. The maths follows
the sounds, not the other way around.

Tony (HB)