Doepfer Dark Time

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 12 15:06:39 CET 2012

Another point about the markings on the Dark Time beings somewhat
meaningless (they aren't even described in the manual, now that I have
a chance to look).

Playing with the Dark Time, and more the modular in general, has
taught me to see with my ears more than my eyes.  I don't turn the
knob and line it up with a mark to set the value - I turn the knob,
and listen till I hear something pleasing.  I think it is one of the
reasons I don't like playing my modular from a keyboard as much as I
do just working the knobs and sequencer directly.  Sometimes your
eye's lie to you, but your ears only tell the truth.

Tonight I think I am going to try driving a soft synth from the Dark
Time (it also has class compliant USB MIDI I/O on it, so its utility
goes even further).  It could be an interesting way to lend a tactile
edge to software.

Tony