New MPC...

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 6 14:52:47 CET 2012

The one area of this that really keeps me from wanting it is that this
is *software* from *Akai*.

Some would argue the *only* thing keeping the current MPC hardware
line viable is the alternative JJOS that is out there simply because
the Akai OS has well known and well documented bugs in every version
of the machine that have never been fixed.  Not small things either -
the MPC1k is known to have a file system bug that will occasionally
just forget to save files or delete ones that were there.  They are
also not known for stable initial releases, so I'd bet a lot of people
will take a 'wait for 2.0' approach (I certainly would).

Tony