The old designs are always better

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 1 15:01:10 CET 2012

On 31/12/2011 18:06, Tony Scharf wrote:
> One only need look at dental tools from the 1800s to poke a whole in
> this sweeping generalization ...

Who uses a dentist when you can diy? :)

Yes. There's a few scare stories doing the rounds about how bad, or DIY,
fillings can cause heart attacks and suchlike, but I've not had one yet ;)
The truth is, when I used to go to the dentist, I'd always need
something done. I suspect that the frequent 'scrape and polish' did some
damage or exposed teeth to the ravagings that create cavities.
I have about 4 large fillings, or possible root canals from many, many
years ago that were all 'required' across a period of dentistry where I
went to the frequent checkups like a drone.
I've only been to the dentist now once for treatment in a decade or so
for a filling to be replaced, which since came out. So I now fill it
myself and have had zero problems with my teeth. I also do not use
fluoride toothpaste at all, I use one without that stuff and without the
other nasty stuff too if possible.

The funny thing is, I eat just as much, if not more 'bad sweeties' as I
used to and brush my teeth exactly as often as I used to, once in the
morning and once before bed. Go figure that one out ;)

They only have to last a handful more decades.... ;)