BBC: �art Over

The Dong dong at f2s.com
Mon Feb 20 23:18:59 CET 2012

On 20/02/2012 22:05, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Work is necessary.  The end.

Go to your local Job Centre (or what ever it's called in your land)
Tell them you are fed up in your job and want to start your own business
Tell them you want to be an artist!

Expect lots of discouragement, random guesses at how hard that is, ho
humming when you ask for the associated benefits of new business startup
and the new business support package, employment support, tax credits
applications (whatever equivalent you have) and finally, after what
could be many weeks or months of to and fro'ing, what you end up with is
(ignoring the 'work' you are doing setting up your clients and
business): you are a professional artist, whether or not you are making
profit is meaningless, because the state (here anyway) supports you to a
minimum income which is more than enough to survive once you have a few
things set up in your life and have cut expenses of living.

You are indeed, working...

(This is what my partner did, of course, I only help)