BBC: Let’s Kill the Internet and Start Over

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at chello.nl
Mon Feb 20 16:26:51 CET 2012

Op 20-2-2012 8:49, perry7 at mac.com schreef:
> Do we agree?
>
>> Viewpoint: The internet is broken – we need to start over …

I don't agree. I probably think I should say, I don't agree at all.

I love the internet the way it is.

What I don't like is the ridiculous scaremongering from media,
press and governments, who want us to believe the world is way
too dangerous for us normal people to live in.

And I especially don't like the way those governments want us to
believe it is them that should determine what it is we need to be
protected against, and how that should be done - for a shitload
of ridiculous money, of course - while in the meantime they are
making lots of good stuff inaccessible or way too expensive.

What I would like is a LOT less government involvement in all
those parts of life that we can regulate ourselves, but a much
more honest, fair and good working police force and judicial system.

In the meantime, it is becoming very clear to more and more
people that governments are not here for us; they think we are
here for them. It would be good if that could change, instead of
the internet :-)

--
Gert