getting armed

Paul Maddox yo at VacoLoco.net
Tue Feb 14 08:43:04 CET 2012

Jay,

> Did you create the Partition *Table* with gparted, too?  i.e. Deleted all partitions, deleted the last partition, created new partition with Linux GUID format for the partition table (not MBR, like in Windows..)
>
> I'm honestly only asking twice because this is a very common, quite often overlooked gotcha.

yup, about 5 times so far trying different combinations.
The one that works has a 70Mb FAT16 boot partition and the rest as an ext4 partition, so I copied that configuration (though I got 72Mb for my FAT16 boot partition).

> This is the kernel not booting because its not being found and loaded into memory, because .. perhaps .. the partition table is not set up for Linux GUID.

yep, I figured that is what the C meant...
just can't honestly understand why it's not working, I'll look again and try tonight.

Any advice on buttons to push in GParted would be appreciated.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table

to be honest, 90% of that is gibberish to me... I'll read up on it today, cheers.

Paul

VacoLoco
http://VacoLoco.net