getting armed

Paul Maddox yo at VacoLoco.net
Mon Feb 13 23:49:53 CET 2012

Jay,

> Did you create the partition table of the SD card in Linux, or Windows?  Is it a Linux or a Windows *partition table*?  It has to be Linux, or else the Angstrom root image won't work.  Re-partition, re-format, re-copy, re-boot.

hehe, gimmie some credit ;)
I created it using gparted on an ubuntu machine.
created a first partition, set the same flags as the one that does boot (boot and lba)
copied the known good one using DD to an image
copied this image to the new boot partition
extracted the angstrom image to the second partition (3.6Gb)
Popped it in the beaglebone and switch it on
all I get on the console is "C" 8 times, then nothing....

I'm doing something daft somewhere.

tomorrow, I'll try DD'ing the whole SD card (of the known good one) and then copy that to my new SD card...

Still, I've learned a lot so far :)

Paul

VacoLoco
http://VacoLoco.net