getting armed

Michael Zacherl. mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Sun Feb 12 19:06:20 CET 2012

On 12.2.2012, at 17:52 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> On 12/02/12 13:46, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>> Yeah, just gotta take in all the info. FWIW, my observations so far:
>>
>> Embedded dsp is just a *complete* waste of space.
>
> just to clarify - i mean the embedded dsp alongside the arm core (eg OMAP - also there's one in the Broadcom SOC in r-pi), code for which would be non-portable and difficult to write.
>
> embedded DSP generally, i suspect has a bright future :)

I can see your point.
Chances are slim someone will actually _port_ existing code like sc or pd or whatever to the DSP for just this single piece of hardware, while getting such software to run on a versatile core like ARM is rather a matter of finding the proper compiler settings.

--
feed your perception: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist