FaceTime and iChat connection problems

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Sun Feb 12 17:02:55 CET 2012

On 11.02.2012, at 16:17, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> Doesn't iCloud require Lion? Still on SL here.
>
> http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-enable-screen-sharing-on-mac-os-x-snow-leop.html
>
> BTW, Lion is definitely worth the upgrade.

Really? what makes you say that? I love SL. best system Apple ever released. Lion feels sluggish and sticky, like a big fat lazy cat. Beach balls here and there and bloated (about 10 GB larger than SL?).

Hard to get rid of, too… Can't even double-click the installer for SL from the DVD -- "unsupported version of the installer" or something.

Felt very locked in for the first three days.

Today (after leaving the computer on, constantly, hopping it would do some housekeeping tasks) it feels better.

Also: needed to turn some prefs around first (scrolling(!), make ~/library visible, turn off local backups, turn of resume…)

hm. I think Lion isn't a complete disaster, but is has featuritis.

Haven't made the move to iCloud yet, because I have about 50 galleries on MobileMe…

sometimes progress feels downright painful...

Kai