Android Apps

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Feb 4 00:57:50 CET 2012

Op 4-2-2012 0:45, Martin Naef schreef:

> One thing comes to mind: Is there a mapping / navigation app that
> supports offline operation? The typical use case would be a GPS navi
> that I use abroad. I'd want to download the full maps of the region
> while I'm connected to a WiFi (e.g. at the Hotel), but disable roaming
> data access while on the road.

Yes: Nokia Maps. Which isn't going to do you a lot of good on Android.
If you do find such an application, let us know.

Nokia Maps is actually quite good, and with a 16 GB card you can
basically download the whole of Europe and still have space left, but
Nokia have messed up too many times with software (both on the phone and
on Windows) for me to continue using their products.

- Peter