MOTU 828

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 18:09:45 CET 2012

Hi Romain

> Are you recording so many devices at the same time or is it mostly to
avoid to ''plug-unplug'' many devices ?

I don’t record more than 1 stereo part at a time.  My setup is just because
I don’t have a mixer so all my IO is just for a big digital mixer.  I like
my 2408+Behringer setup because:

1)  it is quite cheap
2) more than good enough quality
3) very easy to expand (inexpensively)
4) minimal wiring.  For every little mini rig you have, you stick in a
Behringer Pro8 for £100ish and then just have a set of inexpensive ADAT
light pipe cables going back into the nearest 2408mkII.
5) huge 96 channels of IO

For me, point 4 is probably one of the BIG benefits; I freckin hate massive
cable runs..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk