iPad 4

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Dec 28 23:43:48 CET 2012

Op 28-12-2012 22:33, Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Mini or big one?  Coz I just want to say that the big one sucks after you've used the mini for a while - or a Nexus7 (in my case) - because its just *sooo* much more comfortable and friendly to use the smaller format in bed, on the bus, etc.  I now think of my original iPad3 as a proper dinosaur clunker, and the new 8" format is all that I can stand to use.

I was going to ask a question about this. From what I understand, the
iPad 2 and iPad mini are more or less the same price. Now the "little
captain" is going to get an iPad for his 10th birthday (end of
February), and I was wondering what would be best for him.

He knows his way around both iOS and Android (and actually knows the
difference... kids these days), but the choice is for iOS because
apparently, there are more educational/therapeutic applications. No
doubt he'll be playing a lot of Super Monkey Ball on it (and I'll
finally get my S3 back), but the idea is that it's a toy as much as it
is a tool.

So, what would be best for him? The 2 or the mini? What are some pros
and cons?

- Peter