Field recorders

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:27:35 CET 2012

So, I ordered a Tascam DR-40 (4-track) on amazon for $126 (got 2, one for my mom.) The price went back up a bit but it's still a good deal. It's basically comparable to the Zoom h4n minus a few features, but over $100 less (some people seem to like it better.) It's got an overdub feature that's quite cool where it saves each recording separately. Also there is a recent firmware update for it that lets you set the levels of the mic channels independently.  Anyway, anyone of the fence about getting a portable recorder like me, the DR-40 seems like a good deal. I plan to use the shit out of it.