Cubasis for iPad

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Dec 17 14:44:21 CET 2012

Op 17-12-2012 14:34, James Coplin schreef:
> I'm a pretty hardcore Cubase "fanboix" as you say and I don't have it.  I
> agree the price point is totally out of line.  I also question the
> viability of a DAW on an iPad.  I love my iPad, but not for music apps.
> There just isn't enough power under the hood for much besides the most
> rudimentary of things.

On the other hand, I remember that we used to make the most
beautiful music with even less than the most rudimentary of
things. Cubase 1.0 on an Apple Mac SE/30 anyone?

Personally, I love the simpleness of lots of iPad aps - it's sort
of back to the roots. Combined with all those weird internal
midi-things and copy paste options, I'm sure it's no big deal to
make complete and awesome albums on an iPad.

Less is more, remember :-)

Cheers,
--
gert van santen